Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who perform in the top 10 scores or over the 90th percentile on the High School Placement Test. Any students wishing to compete for a merit scholarship must submit their completed Camden Catholic admissions application by November 30, 2019 and must take the test at Camden Catholic on November 2, 2019. In the beginning of December those students will be notified and must come to Camden Catholic for two sessions:
1. An interview with an admissions committee
2. A writing sample on an unknown topic in our computer lab
Based on the test scores, the interview, and the writing sample, Camden Catholic will award various $1,500 – $7,000 scholarships.
Students who are talented in music, chorus or art will also have the opportunity to compete for scholarships. Several $500-$1000 scholarships will be awarded.
The student must take the High School Placement Test on November 2, 2019 and must submit their completed Camden Catholic admissions application by November 30, 2019.
Students interested in art should:
- Have a portfolio ready of at least 7-10 pieces of a variety of medium such as charcoal, pen and ink, watercolor, and pencil.
Students interested in instrumental music must:
- Perform an etude or solo of a music piece from a current music book
- Play major scales up to 4 flats and 4 sharps
- Play chromatic scales
Students interested in chorus should prepare:
- Two songs of contrasting style and tempo.
- Two copies of their sheet music in separate binders, clearly notated with any cuts or repeats, one for the piano accompanist and one for their own use. Sheet music must include piano accompaniment. No CD accompaniment will be acceptable.
- It is recommended, but not required, that students memorize their music.
- Repertoire may include art songs, jazz standards, musical theater, church music, or folk songs that include piano accompaniment.
- Students will be assessed specifically on their accuracy in pitch, rhythm, dynamic, tone, diction, and style.
- Students should also be prepared to sing brief vocal warmups, a sight reading exercise, and read a rhythm exercise.
- An interview will be conducted with each candidate applying for scholarship.
Students who are interested in auditioning for the band, chorus or fine art must email Mr. Sexton at email@example.com of their interest. These emails will be accepted through December 1. Auditions and Portfolio Reviews will take place on December 3, times will be assigned after contacting Mr. Sexton to sign up for an audition.
Students may only audition for one area of the arts. Please indicate the one area of the arts you will audition for.
Camden Catholic High School takes great pride in our students and their accomplishments. Our students are examples of leadership and excellence in our school and in their communities, and we know that many applicants share these traits. CCHS established the 1887 Scholarship to honor the great things that students do each day. This scholarship will be awarded to selected students who qualify academically (HSPT score above 80) and who have done something extraordinary, so please share your extraordinary accomplishments with us. Candidates will be notified by the Admissions Office if they qualify to apply for the 1887 Scholarship by November 30. Those who qualify will be sent the application details at that time. Any questions may be directed to Mr. Howie Sexton, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Francis, Elizabeth, and Edward Rodger Welsh Scholarship
- Applicants must be Catholic and residents of Camden County, New Jersey
- Applicants must be attending or planning to enroll in a Catholic elementary, middle or high school in the Fall of 2019.
- Applicants must attend Catholic schools located in Camden County, New Jersey
- Applicants must demonstrate academic achievements, financial need, and moral character.
Apply on-line at www.csascholars.org
Applicants must submit the requested information online and the additional required materials must be received no later than MARCH 22, 2020. CLICK HERE FOR Q&A on qualifications and application information. CLICK HERE FOR FLIER. No tuition credit will be issued if a student is awarded multiple scholarships which go beyond the annual tuition.
The Lyn E. ‘58 & James C. Kelly ‘57 Scholarship
James Kelly ‘57 has announced the Lyn E. and James C Kelly Scholarship in member of Lyn, CCHS class of ‘58. This scholarship of $5,000 will be presented to three students who are hard-working, show academic promise, and an extreme desire to strengthen their faith through Catholic education. Click here for the application details. Due by January 15.
Ethel Mae Hocker Scholarship
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Hocker founded the Ethel Mae Hocker Foundation to inspire scholarship opportunities for a broad range of talented students who would benefit from the whole person education at Camden Catholic. The scholarships are competitive and renewable upon attainment of the required grade point average and service to the community at CCHS and in general. The award supports the efforts of academically able students who are good citizens, who seek leadership roles in their communities and the world, and who demonstrate financial need. When this scholarship becomes available the application will be posted here.
Alumni and Friends Scholarship
Year to year there are various alumni and friend scholarships for varying amounts and terms. You will be notified after acceptance of the ability to apply for these scholarships based on financial need, test scores, and grades. Thanks to the following for their support thus far:
Ethel Mae Hocker Foundation – Charles Grandi Foundation – Langan-Nadell Scholarships- Domenica Foundation –
The Pilarz Family – The Mazzeo Family – Tom Kenney Foundation – John Oakes Memorial Scholarship – Paul C. Azores Memorial Scholarship – John L. Pund, Sr. Memorial Scholarship – various anonymous donors
**The New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association does not allow Athletic Scholarships.**