Irish Blessing Program
Catholic education nationwide struggles with trying to keep tuition cost affordable. Because of rising health care, fuel, and technology costs, Camden Catholic finds it difficult to keep tuition affordable. As such, we have implemented a tuition aid program: the Irish Blessing Program. We have been grateful in the past for the many alumni and friends who have given scholarships for students both academic and need based. Over $500,000 is awarded in tuition aid to about 300 students. We would like to expand that amount so we are asking for alumni and friends to consider this program.
You can make a difference in the life of a teenager with this program. There are many causes seeking your attention but helping a student receive a Camden Catholic education perpetuates the legacy that has been part of South Jersey families for over 125 years.
Donors are asked to make a four-year pledge to fund a portion of a student's annual tuition (which for 2016-2017 is approximately $9,315). The donor may remain anonymous or share in the student's progress and achievement.
Students are selected based on academic performance and demonstrated financial need. The criteria for selection includes the following:
- Parents are required to fill out a financial aid form.
- Students must maintain a C academic average, possess a positive attitude, be active in their community service projects, and be active in a CCHS activity.
Donors may make donations of the following values:
- $1,000 per year for four years ($84 a month; $500 twice a year)
- $2,000 per year for four years ($167 a month; $1,000 twice a year)
- $3,000 per year for four years ($250 a month; $1,500 twice a year)
- $4,000 per year for four years ($334 a month; $2,000 twice a year)
- $5,000 per year for four years ( $417 a month; $2,500 twice a year)
I f you would like to become a part of the Irish Blessing Program or if you have any questions, please contact Lindsay Scheuer in the Development Office at 856-663-2247 ext.133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.