The Class of 2019
Merit Scholarships are awarded to students who perform in the top 10 scores or over the 90th percentile on the High School Placement Test. Any students wishing to compete for a merit scholarship must submit their completed Camden Catholic application by December 9, 2014, and must take the test at Camden Catholic on November 8, 2014. Sometime in December those students are notified and must come to Camden Catholic for two sessions:
1. An interview with an admissions committee
2. A writing sample on an unknown topic in our computer lab
Based on the test scores, the interview, and the writing sample, Camden Catholic will award various full, half, and quarter scholarships.
Arts Academy Scholarships
Students who score in the minimum 80th percentile or above on the High School Placement Test and are talented in music, singing, drama, or art will also have the opportunity to compete for scholarships. Several $500-$1000 scholarships will be awarded.
Things to remember:
1. Student must take the High School Placement Test at Camden Catholic on Nov. 8, 2014, and submit the Camden Catholic Admissions Application by December 9, 2014.
2. Students interested in art should have a portfolio ready of at least 8-10 pieces of a variety of medium such as charcoal, pen and ink, watercolor, and pencil.
3. Students interested in band should be able to
a. Perform an etude or solo of a music piece from a current music book
b. Play scales of major 4 flats and 4 sharps
c. Play chromatic scales
4. Students interested in choir should
a. Memorize and sing an artistic, Broadway, or church song
b. Bring an accompaniment tape and sheet music
5. Students interested in musical theater/drama should
a. Perform a 2 minute monologue
b. Perform a prepared solo (please bring sheet music; no CD's or recordings)
c. Bring dance gear
Students who are interested in auditioning for the band, choir, musical theater, drama, dance or art must email Mrs. Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org of their interest.These emails will be accepted between November 1 to December 15, 2014. Please indicate what area of the arts you will audition for.
Auditions will be held Tuesday, January 13, 2015.
Please register here for the High School Placement Test.
Camden Catholic High School takes great pride in our students and their accomplishments. Our students are examples of leadership and excellence in our school and in their communities. We know that many applicants to CCHS are examples of leadership and excellence in their own school communities. CCHS established the 1887 Scholarship to honor the great things that students do each day. This $1000 scholarship will be awarded to selected students who have done something extraordinary, so please share your extraordinary accomplishments with us. Any questions may be directed to Mrs. Heather Crisci, Principal, at email@example.com.
1. Fill out the online application (CLICK HERE), including the 250 word essay (see below for essay request), details about extracurricular activities, and descriptions of leadership roles which you have held.
- ESSAY REQUEST: In an essay of no more than 250 words, discuss what you have done in school or community that is special and unique. How is what your have done an example of leadership and excellence that will add to your success at Camden Catholic High School?
2. Complete the CCHS application process. Deadline for scholarship application: December 19, 2014.
3. Have a B average or above in your first quarter or first trimester.
4. Get a letter of recommendation from your principal, teacher, or activity advisor detailing your leadership qualities and what you have done that is unique. Letters of recommendation may be sent to Mrs. Heather Crisci, Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Selected students will be asked to come in to CCHS for a personal interview.
Alumni and Friends Scholarships
Year to year there are various alumni and friend scholarships for varying amounts and terms. You will be notified after acceptance of the ability to apply for these scholarships based on financial need, test scores, and grades. Thanks to the following for their support thus far:
Ethel Mae Hocker Foundation - Charles Grandi Foundation - Langan-Nadell Scholarships- Domenica Foundation -
The Pilarz Family - The Mazzeo Family - Tom Kenney Foundation - John Oakes Memorial Scholarship - Paul C. Azores Memorial Scholarship - John L. Pund, Sr. Memorial Scholarship - various anonymous donors